Saturday, September 1, 2012

Boy O Boy





I love having a boy.  But, when I found out that my second baby was going to be a boy, I hate to admit that I was less than thrilled.  I knew how to be a girl mom.  I was comfortable with the dresses and bows.  I loved all the pink and princess stuff.  I had just always thought of myself as a mom of girls.  

Even during my pregnancy, I struggled to get excited about little boy baby things.  They just weren't as adorable as the little girl baby things.  In the baby stores, I would be shopping for boy clothes, but my eye would always get drawn to the baby girl section.  I felt pretty guilty.   I really wanted to be excited for my boy, but felt that I was forcing it.  

Well, I have to say that my doubts and fears about being a boy mom were completely unwarranted.

As soon as I had him, I was in love.  He is precious.  Boys are so cuddly.  His little smile just melts my heart.  I also realize that I must be careful because when he sticks his little lip out and cries, my first instinct is to give in to whatever he may want.  Of course, I don't, but I want to.  

Boys are so easy.  I just throw a shirt and some shorts on him and we are good to go.  I don't have to worry about matching hair bows or tights.  I don't have to fiddle with monogrammed bloomers under dresses (adorable, right?!?).  It is just so simple.  

I still get to enjoy all of the girly things with my daughter. But for my second child, having a boy was perfect.  I recognize now that God probably realized that I had enough on my plate with my daughter's autism, and I just didn't have the time for accessorizing with another girl.  Once again, God new what he was doing even though I wasn't so sure.  Funny how that happens so often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!