Saturday, August 25, 2012

Keeping it Real

Ok.  I am going to be real here.  No pretense, no life is all sunshine and roses BS.  I am a real mom with real issues, real worries, and real daily drama.  My life is not reality tv worthy, nor is it a thrill a minute.  Hopefully by sharing my daily adventures, others will know that they are not alone.  Staying at home is not for the faint of heart.  This is not a sit around and eat bon bons type of gig. 

I have both worked full time and stayed at home and they are both challenging in different ways.  When working, I had the stress of dealing with the work issues and maintaining the household.  Now, as a stay at home mom, I feel like I can never catch up.  There is always something to clean up, put away, or rearrange.  Not to mention dealing with the revolving door of the multiple therapists in and out of the house each day.  Not that I don't appreciate all that they do with my daughter, they are wonderful and are making great progress.  But some days, I would just like to veg out in my PJ's with a good movie and a carton of ice cream without worrying about looking like the ultimate slacker mom to all of these young perky girls who come into my home each day.

When I had my daughter, I tried desperately to be Supermom.  I wanted to do everything the right way, to be the ideal wife and mother.  After trying and failing many times to be who I thought the world (and myself) thought I should be, I am now resigned to the fact that I am not perfect and that is perfectly fine.  We all have faults as women and mothers, but that is what makes us real.  I am not living in Stepford.  I do not have dinner on the table every night.  My house is not immaculate.  Some days I am just happy that we have all survived another day without making a trip to the hospital.  I used to always look toward the next thing coming up.  But that only meant that I was continually waiting for my happiness to come along. Sometimes we just have to be happy where we are.  If we keep waiting for tomorrow, we will never enjoy today. 

Sterling Silver Mom I Love You Heart Link Bracelet (Google Affiliate Ad) 



Skechers Stride Shoes (Charcoal) - Women's Shoes - 9.0 M (Google Affiliate Ad) 

Sperry Top-Sider Angelfish Pre/Grd Shoes (Animal Print) - Kids' Shoes - 12.5 M (Google Affiliate Ad) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!