Monday, May 6, 2013

The Best Laid Plans






So, since Mother's Day around the corner, I have been pondering all of the things that I've learned   since I became a mother.  I'm going to get a little deep here, so just bear with me.

The main thing that I have learned since becoming a mother is that God's plan is so much bigger and better than my own plan.

When my daughter was 26 months old, she was diagnosed with autism.  Initially, I was devastated.  My whole plan for what her life would be was gone.  It had vanished in the blink of an eye.  I didn't know where to turn or how to cope with this huge obstacle we as a family were facing.  

My daughter is now five.  She is a joy and we have been so blessed by having her in our family.  We have also been blessed with a  happy nineteen month old little boy.  He has his own issues with speech that we are battling.  Through having had my first child being diagnosed with autism, I have learned to be thankful for the small things that happen each and every day.  I don't worry as much about the things that I have  no control over. This was initially very difficult for me considering I tend to be a major control freak.

The Lord has truly blessed our family.  Even though this is not the path that I would have chosen, it has made me a better person.  Though we don't always understand, God's plan is perfect.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I am so comforted in knowing that He is the one in charge of my life.  It is such a weight off of my shoulders knowing that He is in control and wants my family to prosper. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!